WHAT YOU NEED
You don’t always need to go to a café for great tasting cold brew. You don't even need fancy equipment. All you need is a French Press and you are good-to go! So save some time and money with this recipe and enjoy smooth and delicious cold brew from home.
What You Need:
- 6 or 8 cup French Press
- 3 cups cold water
- 4 oz. (113 g) coarsely ground Clayton’s Cold Brew
- 16 oz. glass filled with ice
- Half and half (if you like creamy cold brew)
- 12-14 Hours
- Weigh out 4 oz. of coarsely ground Clayton’s Cold Brew.
- Pour coffee grounds in French Press.
- Pour 3 cups of cold water slowly into the French Press, pausing every cup to stir the grounds. Make sure to fully saturate all the dry spots.
- Place French Press plunger on top of the saturated coffee grinds but do not plunge. Store at room temperature for 12-14 hours.
- Once you’ve let coffee sit 12-14 hours, plunge and strain coffee into a container and store in the refrigerator.
- This is now your cold brew concentrate. Use 1 part coffee and 1 part water and serve over ice. Use a splash of half and half if you want to make creamy cold brew.