- Kalita Wave
Brew Time: 3 Minutes
- Heat 20 oz / 600g of water.
- Grind 30g of coffee (3 tbsp) to a table salt coarseness.
- The ratio we are going for is 21g coffee to 375g water. This is going to highlight the nuance of our lighter roasts (floral, fruity, and bright notes).
- Pre-wet your Kalita filters to remove the paper taste.
- Place filter in the Kalita Wave, set on top of carafe of choice. Place all of that on a scale. Tare to zero.
- Add coffee grounds to Kalita filter. Make sure bed of ground coffee is even.
- Start by pouring water in a spiral motion until you reach 60g on your scale. Start your timer and let coffee 'bloom' for :45 seconds. 'Blooming' is when the coffee bed puffs and bubbles up a bit.
- At :45 seconds, pour continuously in a slow even spiral starting in center of coffee pouring outward to a total 200g on your scale. This should take you to the 1:00 mark.
- Pour small amounts of water (25g- 50g) in the same spiral in segments (usually with 5 - 10 seconds in between each pour) to a total of 375g on your scale. Your timer should be at 2:00.
- At around 2:45 - 3:00 all your liquid should be in your mug. A total of 10 oz. or 300 ml.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org