Brew Time: 3 Minutes
- Heat 20 oz / 600g of water.
- Grind 30g of coffee (3 tbsp) to a sea salt like coarseness.
- The ratio we are going for is 23g coffee to 350g water. This is going to highlight the nuance of our lighter roasts (floral, fruity, and bright notes).
- Pre-wet your V60 filter to remove the paper taste.
- Place filter in V60, set V60 on top of carafe of choice. Place all of that on a scale. Tare to zero.
- Add coffee grounds to filter. Make sure bed of ground coffee is even.
- Start by pouring water in a spiral motion until you reach 60g on your scale. Let coffee 'bloom' for 15 seconds. 'Blooming' is when the coffee bed puffs and bubbles up a bit.
- After 15 seconds, pour continuously in a slow even spiral starting in center of coffee pouring 90g of water to show 150g on scale.
- Once the water from the second pour levels with the coffee grounds, start third pour by adding 100g of water in the same spiral motion. This will take about 15 - 20 seconds and your scale reading should now be 250g.
- Once the water from the third pour levels with the coffee grounds, start fourth and last pour by adding 100g of water in the same spiral motion. This will take 15 seconds. The scale should read 350g.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org